[Coco] xpad and hi-speed?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jul 16 22:04:05 EDT 2009

On Thursday 16 July 2009, Willard Goosey wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 08:56:29PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> This thing is gettin on toward applying for SS in electronics years &
>> could have some ailments after 20 years.
>
>That's also true, unfortunately.
>
>> Open it up Willard, and see if any of the small electrolytic caps
>> have either leaked, or the tops are slightly bulged up.
>
>That's in the pak side, right?  I don't know if I'd dare open the
>pad.  I just *know* I'd never get it back together right.
>
>Willard

I believe there are some caps in the pad too, but won't lay my hand on the
book as its been nearly 20 years since I last had mine open.  A decent set of
small screwdrivers is a huge help with that.  Something that has been rattling
around in the toolbox for 20 years isn't too likely to fit the screws anymore.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Bridge ahead.  Pay troll.