[Coco] 6551 at 115200 bps

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jan 18 21:40:56 EST 2009

At 08:35 PM 1/18/2009, you wrote:
>The TxC and RxC pins (5 & 12) are independent of the crystal oscillator
>and internal baud rate generator.
>
>The way to accomplish my original design would be to use an external
>1.8432MHz oscillator and feed it to TxC, RxC, and the XTAL1 pin. It's a
>pretty simple mod. Actually I may just have to try this one out myself
>and see if it works like the datasheet says it should.

The datasheet says that either TxC or RxC should be left unconnected,
can't recall which one.  I already closed the PDF and have a mess of
a desktop right now.
I am not sure what the difference is in a Crystal Oscillator, an
Oscillator, or a Crystal in these hacks/descriptions since people
slang the terms around so much.  Jameco clearly sells both Crystals
and Oscillators both in 1.8432 mhz and 3.6864 mhz.  Whether a cyrstal
actually oscillates or an oscillator behaves like a crystal, I
ordered the "crystals" which look identical to the "oscillators".  :)

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com