[Coco] Resurrecting a dead CoCo 3

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 9 19:34:01 EST 2009

John Eric wrote:
>snip>
> I did notice that with the 512K upgrade, the CoCo 3 gets HOT. In
 > an attempt to alleviate this, I replaced all ....

One of the things I did with a Coco3 was install a fan inside the case
below the keyboard. I cut a hole in the bottom the size of a box fan,
glued mosquito screening over the hole, and attached a small box fan.
The fan along with a small regulated power supply draws power from the
Coco3. The air flow is in at the bottom and out at the top. Somewhat
noisy over a dead silent Coco3 but it does keep it cool.