[Coco] New "commercial" CoCo3 RGB to VGA Converter?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 18:14:37 EST 2009

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Torsten Dittel wrote:

> This time with a descriptive subject line, I hope to get some additional
> comments on this one:
>
> http://www.ambery.com/rgbcgatovgac.html
>
> offers a:
>
> 15Khz RGB (CGA YUV Component Video YCbCr) to VGA Converter Scaler
>
> for 92US$. From the website above:

(snip)

There was discussion of this product on one of the Amiga boards.  Opinions
were mixed, but the Amiga produces a variety of video modes and perhaps
some were just troublesome for scan conversion.  I have never used the
Ambery unit, but my other low-cost RGB converter (Wei-Ya ACV-011) does a
great job on the CoCo.  So, it's possible that this guy is workable.

FYI:  The only thing I've ever seen that handles Amiga interlaced modes
properly is the Highway (aka Cyp) Model 100 - a considerably more
expensive unit (>$200).

Steve