[Coco] 360K 3.5 inch floppies... hmmm

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 08:48:43 EST 2009

What I have done is image the disks on my WIndows System and burn to DVD as the only fail proof way to preserve that data.

If you have a XP system and install the floppy disk driver found here: http://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/  you can then find programs out there that will read the disks from most of the vintage systems.

George Ramsower <georgeramsower at gmail.com> wrote:  I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to preserve the integrity of the media
on these difficult to find discs.
 I keep my unused and unformatted stuff in the dark, humiditiy and
temperature controlled environment(My Darkroom).

 Is there a known way to preserve these things any better? Maybe drop them
in liquid Nitrogen and keep them there until ready to use? hehe

 Really, what is the best method of making sure the magnetic media doesn't
fall off the darned thing or, whatever goes wrong over the years.

George