[Coco] Speech/Sound cartridge

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 11:42:38 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
> George Ramsower wrote:
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Taylor"

>>> Here's a mod you can review.
>>>
>>> http://www.coco3.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=25&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
>>>
>>> --
>>> Roger Taylor
>>
>> This exact scenario was bouncing around in the empty spaces left from
>> alcohol abuse in my brain to automatically switch from 1 to 2 mhz, but
>> those holes in the brain matter were very dark and the battery in my
>> flashlight was dead.
>> Anyway, that article filled in a hole that was left empty. Now that the
>> light is on, I don't need the flashlight.
>>
>> Somewhere, I have several of the 2N3906 transistors and I do know where
>> the caps are. The chips are plentiful in my little chip chest of 74XX/X
>> stuff.
>> So now it ON!!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> George
>>
>> --
>
> George, read the article more carefully. You don't need to change the
> transistor!

 I suppose a previous post leaked into that brain hole and left that one in
there. I did read read it and I remember it wasn't there. DOH!
 From the old days, I KNOW that most any small signal transistor can handle
frequencies that a coco can produce.

 I bookmarked that page for later reference and I would have found that
"DOH" when I get ready to do the mod on that pak.

 The past few days, I've been rebuilding my commercial website and it has
over 10,000 pages. This takes a LOT of brain cells and time. So I am prone
to make mistakes.
 I can live with it. It only happens four time a year when I have to do
this. It's a pain in the dorsal posterior, butt it has to be done.

 The spelling was not an accident.

 Thanks,

George