[Coco] The Coco's first webserver, written in Basic09

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Dec 31 00:08:40 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 07:13:40PM -0500, Christian Lesage wrote:
> On the other hand, is BASIC09 always compiled? I mean, do you
> necessarily have to compile your scripts before you can RUN them? IIRC,
> it is not mandatory, but I could be wrong.

BASIC-09 source can only be RUN from within the BASIC09 interpeter.
Compiled Icode can only RUN binary or Icode modules.

It would be sort of cool if we had a stripped-down BASIC-09 interpeter
engine as a subroutine module, so that a larger program could could
hand it scripts, but that would use up a lot of the program's 64K code
space.

You don't want RUN, you need something like: SHELL "BASIC09 "+script
That has its own issues.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA