[Coco] Play with NitrOS-9 over the Internet

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 23:07:37 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 27 December 2009, Torsten Dittel wrote:
>>guess I did it again: this time I wanted to figure out what the ftp
>>command is good for: looks like it is good for crashing the system... :-)
>>
> I didn't know we had an ftp client for the coco/os9. ??

This is a new trick in the java DriveWire server.  It's not really an
FTP client on the OS-9 side, it uses the IP stack in the server
machine for connection to the ftp server.  But the end effect is that
you can easily FTP files in and out of your Coco.

> However, if Boisy can setup a public directory and force rzsz to use only
> that, then I know for a fact that our linux version of rzsz talks to the
> os9's rzsz-3.36 with 100% compatibility, so one could move files either way .
> But for rzsz autotrigger, the linux box would have to be using something like
> minicom, which is a vt-102 work-alike and has the autotrigger (*00000 or
> *01111 depending on the direction) responses built right in.  That is what I
> have been doing to get stuff back and forth since the linux support for
> coco/os9 floppies went away about a year ago.

rzsz does work over the virtual serial ports, but there are much
easier ways to transfer files.  In the upcoming release, you'll be
able to do things like:

dw copy /dd/FILES/something.txt C:\folder\something.txt

easy as that :)