[Coco] DriveWire printing options

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Dec 26 18:50:12 EST 2009

I recall this, but most printers back in the day were Epson or IBM compatible. Even the Tandy's were to some degree. The DMP-105 and 106 might be exceptions, since they were 7 pin printers instead of 9 pin. I think all the more expensive Tandy printers had Epson or IBM emulation, but could be wrong! The Epson was the most widely used graphics command set though, and you'll find that (or something similar... Gemini 10X?) output option in almost every CoCo graphics program. Someone with a CoCo up and running will have to check for the exact printer model.

-----------
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 18:02:12 +1100
From: "Bob Devries" <devries.bob at gmail.com>

> > Is there one printer model that would cover a majority of applications?

Sadly, even the Tandy printers used different codes for their various
printing modes. I wonder if the graphics printing could be implemented as a
separate module, which can be replaced with the correct type for the printer
in use, along the lines of a DLL?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"