[Coco] Nani's Home Town Pictures, River to be rerouted!

Fri Aug 7 16:44:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

You can imagine the sheer pleasure in discovering pictures of my childhood
home on the web.

Prior to that I had to wait 2 years until MS Terra server got around to
displaying Belleville, WI.

I immediately thought the Satellite took the pictures during the spring
flood, that's the source of the silt that is slowly filling up the lake.

The army project pictures did not change the idea of the spring flood time
period, but when I got the original pictures I realized that the narrow
islands with trees where the line of rocks would separate the lake from the
river had been washed away during the ~ 40 years I have been away.

The MS Terra server view of Belleville, WI shows the path of the river to be
changed at the narrow neck of the peninsula which was dredged many decades
ago to create an island so that electricity could be generated. A later
higher dam was built thus creating the lake and more power.

I even have taken a drive along some of the village streets and west to the
Argue farm where my mother was born using Google Street View.

Breaking News I discovered while writing this message!

Village of Belleville, WI LAKE GENERAL INFORMATION
http://www.bellevillewi.org/pages/lakegeninfo.cfm

The project might actually be done.

SHF