[Coco] CoCoList and the Web, was Re: CoCoList Survey on email but no web browser access CoCo users.

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Wed Apr 22 23:09:06 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:01:34PM -0400, John W. Linville wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 08:48:47PM -0500, Frank Pittel wrote:
>
> > The strength and limitations
> > of both are why the groups have both mailing lists and web forums. Of the
> > two the web forum is by far more popular.
>
> I have no reason to doubt you.  I also have no idea what the topics
> of those groups are or who might be subscribed to them.

The most active group is a large format photography group here in the
midwest. The members are for the most part over 40, live in the midwest
and are active large format photographers. the other lists and forums have
little traffic.

> We already have coco3.com and the Yahoo group, along with this list.
> Which has the most membership and which has the most traffic?

I don't mean to argue with you or anyone. I think both web forums have a time
and place. To answer your question my guess would be that there's more traffic
on this list then the forum at coco3. I for one rarely go to the webforum but
do read all but a few of the posts to this lists.

As far as I know there is no effort being made to end this mailing list. If that
is the case I will comitt to setting up and hosting a coco mailing list. I have
a server set up and it would require little effort on my part to create the list.

Frank