[Coco] Orchestra 90CC

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Apr 22 05:46:46 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 08:10:19PM -0500, Steve Ostrom wrote:
> Does anyone know if these 13 Orchestra 90 disks for the Model I/III can be
> used for the Coco's Orchestra 90CC Pak?

Well?  Did anybody know?

I thought they should be, but wasn't sure.  So I found a Model III
virtual disk with some ORC files and downloaded it, with the intent of
extracting the ORC files, moving them to the CoCo, and seeing if
they'd play.

Using xtrs (an old version), I couldn't get it to work.  The files
look like straight-ASCII under LS-DOS, but when extracted with a tool
in the emulator, they're full of bytes with the 8-bit set. The
Orch90CC pukes on them.

The ancient trs80 emulator I have under DOS apparently doesn't
recognize the type of virtual disk.

So now I'd like to know if extract/cmd under the emulator is failing
or if these are corrupt ORC files or if the Model I/III ORC files are
different from the CoCo.

If no-one knows, I'll try to write the virtual disk onto a physical
disk so I can either read it with the 4p and upload the files via
serial port, or try to read the physical disk with Crosszap.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard