[Coco] CoCo 3 with MPI crashes when booting Nitros-9

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 19:24:22 EDT 2009

Mike Pepe wrote:
> I believe the 26-3124A models have the mod built-in. Otherwise I suspect
> that may be the culprit.

Well, I opened the unit, and it is an upgraded one. It has the small
satellite board installed. In addition, PEEKing &hFF90 returns 126, not
255 (found this trick on Cloud-9's website). I spotted and repaired a
bad solder on a pin that holds the satellite board. So far, so good. I
booted NitrOS-9 a few times in a row. I hope it was what caused the problem.