[Coco] Artifacting on LCD?

LinuxRules Linux-Rules at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 8 22:42:04 EDT 2009

RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:
> Did you happen to work on the Sam or 6809 chips
> too?
>
> Roy

No.
The SAM was designed in Phoenix (BiPolar group); the VDG in Austin (MOS).
The 6809 project overlapped the VDG. Terry and I worked on the VDG in the
early stages, then he went on to join up with Joel doing the early 6809
architecture.
The rest of  *THAT* is history!
My only connection to the '09 was/is a love of the very best 8-bitter
ever produced........

The VDG was sort of a "sideline" project dropped on my manager by upper
management.  After the first couple of  VDG fixes, I went back to my
"real"
project - a Dual Density Floppy Disk controller with DMA. That project was
abandoned  to provide resources for the GM  engine controller chip
design. ($$$$$)
Too bad, it would have been the first MOT chip (out of the MPU design
group)
controlled by a pipelined micro-engine.
Ah well, that feature became a central part of the GM chip, so all was
not lost.........

Interesting times................................for an Old Coot to
remember.....

cheers,
johnd
JohnDumas at austin.rr.com