[Coco] Artifacting on LCD?

LinuxRules Linux-Rules at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 9 08:46:21 EDT 2009

Allen Huffman wrote:

> John,

> Do you recall the Mot evaluation board that the CoCo design was based

> on? I think I read the reference platform was called the "Color Bug"

> or something like that?

I wasn't aware that the coco was based on a eval board design.
My memory is that the Coco design (MOT part of the project) was managed
by a marketing Group in Phoenix working closely with Tandy.

The only VDG eval board that I am aware of was the "MicroChroma kit" board.
That came out of Austin. It was a Kit of major parts with a PCB. The PCB
was
designed by the applications group (Tim Ahrens, Jack Brown, and Hunter
Scales).
I wrote the TVBUG monitor for it as a "after hours" project. (About 2/3
of the
code for TVBUG, I lifted from MIKBUG with the help of Mike Wiles - the
author
of MIKBUG.....)

As an aside, does anyone know what a MicroChroma kit would be worth today?
(I still have one - unassembled - in the back of a closet somewhere.
Payment for
a "G-job" project..(grin).........)

cheers,
johnd