[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: 3.5" drives on coco 3

Mike Ortloff underserf at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 08:26:37 EDT 2008

for that matter, DriveWire & any one of several devices @ Cloud9 would be a dandy replacement for a 3.5" drive. A couple of freeware utils could get access to anything you might already have on a 3.5

=M0=

--- On Mon, 9/29/08, Al Hartman <alhartman at yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Al Hartman <alhartman at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Color Computer] Re: 3.5" drives on coco 3
To: ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, September 29, 2008, 6:31 AM

            I believe ADOS will allow you to use 720k 3.5" drives on the Coco.

You can either run the loadable version from RS-DOS, or you can burn it

into an EPROM and put it into your Disk Controller.

J&M Dos probably also supports it as well.

1.44mb Drives are only supported in OS-9 I believe. But, you need a

specially modified controller and driver software for that.

You might be better off checking with Cloud-9 and using their Flash Card

Adapter.