[Coco] Drivewire mixed results...

richec rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sun Sep 28 00:07:33 EDT 2008

<snip>
> I could be wrong about drivewire not working with 98se, but has
> anyone here gotten it to work in that environment?  If only Boisy
> over at cloud9tech.com understood Linux, maybe there'd be a Linux
> version.  At least I know now that the serial cable works.
>
> Does anyone know how to create a blank dsk image?  I want to write
> my own programs and use drivewire in place of the traditional disk
> drive.
<snip>

I have not had any problem getting DriveWire 2.0 to work with my W98SE PC. It
is the only PC I have ever use with it. Now I must admit, I have only used it
as a disk drive for the CoCo. I have not tried to make CoCo compatible
floppies with. However, if I read your post correctly You have not gotten it
to work at all with your W98SE set up. Am I correct?