[Coco] CNC machines and new Coco boards

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Wed Sep 24 23:35:23 EDT 2008

Wow.  Until, like, two weeks ago I'd never even heard of a CNC machine.
Now it seems that everyone on this list has a CNC machine.  I still
don't even know what it stands for, but it sounds big and scary, and I
feel like less of a man than I used to.  I want to make my own aluminum
nametags and cartridge cases.  I want to etch giant letters with
Fujimanitron 2000/4314874 dual 486 machines.

Anyway, folks, the fabled COCO IDE/HD Floppy Disk/NET/Dual Serial and
Parallel cards should be here REAL SOON NOW.  The IDE and floppy stuff
will be ready to go out the door more or less as soon as their cartridge
cases arrive.  The NET and SSP will follow in October.  Get out your
wallets! ;)

And for those who are interested, Ron Bihler (another one of those crazy
CNC owners) is currently designing a neat case for the 8-slot multipak
clone that will soon be out there for folks who need more slots or can't
find a multi-pak out there on the market.  (I'm in both categories.)

Hey, back to the original off-topic.  Am I the only one around here with
NO mechanical inclinations at all?  My greatest creations involve tape.
One time I tried to replace a door.  It wasn't pretty.

C.