[Coco] Dealing with unwanted topics and some rambling on my coco stuff

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Wed Sep 24 03:21:42 EDT 2008

>  I really love this list and it makes me sad when someone gives up and drops
> out.

Annoys me too, especially when it happens after one of my occasional political rants in response to somebody else.  (I have my priorities and unfortunately, at this time of my life, freedom comes first).

>  We are (like it or not) a family.

We're friends.  Family by choice, not genetics, praise G-D.

>  Fight, we will. Love, we must.

Damned straight.

>  Live with it.

I have for a decade so far and G-D willing, decades yet to come.  And hopefully some of our "older" members will be here during those decades.  (Gene is old enough to be my elder brother, or maybe even my uncle if a parents' sibling had married young).  (I'm full of crap there, Gene is older than my mom, but a lot smarter and I'm only 53).  (But I'll still consider him my elder brother -- a boy from Los Angeles [who unfortunately has been in New Jersey for most of two decades] can love and respect and learn a lot of neat things from a West Virginia hillbilly, and a lot of other folks from across the planet).  (Mind you, Gene and I could be related -- when my father's family came over from Wales in the 1850s, they settled where there was work they knew how to do, which was digging deep holes).

I'm sorry, folks.  Every once in a while you will see me go off on an off-topic political (well, usually anti-political) rant.  Usually in response to somebody else.  I'm still a major Color Computer geek.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

"What I know [about the art of the sword] boils down to this:  If you see a guy running at you with a sword, put two rounds in his chest to slow him down, then one into his brain to finish him off".  Aaron Allston, _Sidhe Devil_