[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: mikeyterm

shadow at shadowgard.com shadow at shadowgard.com
Thu Sep 18 16:37:08 EDT 2008

On 18 Sep 2008 at 4:24, Mike Ortloff wrote:

> Then somebody warn RTSI & Dennis Bathory-Kitsz, I'd sure hate to see these
> long-time CoCo resources (& in DBKs case, 30-years long) taken down over
> some now-almost-useless piece of telecom ancient history.

> There are HUNDREDS of files up on the respective sites, =somebody=
> authorized the archiving, else these folks would be exposed to serious
> litigation.

The copyright owner has to know and decide to file suit.

With a lot of older pieces of software, the current copyright owners
don't even *know* that they own the rights. They've acquired them
thru a chain of buyouts. I think a lot of Tandy's Z-80 based stuff
went thru something like 5 different companies before folks lost
track.

> Oh, and anyone with the access to read the list =should= be able to use
> Google (making Google criminally liable as well?) to find the rest out
> ;)

Nope. Google is not liable. Period. Because they don't have illegal
copies on their servers.

--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com