[Coco] high-density disks

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Thu Sep 18 16:35:03 EDT 2008

Chuck,

On mine I used the density opto detector. On a 1.44MB there are two
holes on the disk. One is density the other is WP.

That signal appears on the 34 pin interface at pin 2 as I recall.

This way you have one dsecriptor that can do 720k or 1.44mb based upon
the disk that was placed in the drive and the hardware sets the proper
xfer rate osc.

Mark
Cloud-9