[Coco] Eye of Ike approaching my home

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:33:50 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Dave Kelly <daveekelly1 at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Todd Mission Texas
> On 1774 between Plantersville and Magnolia. Fifty miles northwest of
> downtown Houston. Population 65 during the summer, 6000 in October and
> November and 275 the rest of the year.
>
> This is Wednesday and I am still  without power.  This report is powered by
> a generator.

Hope you have your power restored soon! And I hope everyone came
through the storms OK. Ohio was hit pretty hard by windstorms
(equivalent to category 1 hurricane winds), and there were widespread
power outages. I was lucky enough to live in one of the few homes in
Lancaster, OH, (20-ish miles SE of Columbus) that didn't lose power. I
lost a section of privacy fence and some shingles on my garage, but
overall I came out fine. Parts of Lancaster and Columbus are still
without power and aren't expecting it back on until Monday or so. Our
power company had sent most of their crews to help restore power in
Texas by the time the wind blew through on Sunday, but they were
recalled (and the workforce is doubled via contractors) and are
working 16-on, 8-off shifts to get everything restored here.

Rod