[Coco] Eye of Ike approaching my home

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Sep 14 13:40:46 EDT 2008

At 04:12 PM 9/13/2008, you wrote:
>Rog,
>I think UPS is trying to compete too much with the post office
>"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night".
>Dude, stay safe, our prayers are with you. The Dallas arfea just
>started getting rain about 2PM. I'm a skywatcher here for one of the
>tv stations, and there was no rain overnight, I wa sup all night at
>work keeping an ear open for falling raindrops,lol.
>Karl

For that job I'd have to at least reserve the right to bust into the
tv station's lounge any time I feel like it and pour me a big cup'a
joe with all the trimmings.
I'd play them out.. bring photos of some falling rain and while
they're musing over them I'm at the coffee maker making another
batch, checking their fridge for goodies, etc.

My power just came back on about 2 hours ago, but hundreds of
thousands aren't so lucky yet.  The power loss occurred for my area
right as the "eye" area of the storm hit, but even long before and
after we were still getting terrible gusts of wind in all
directions.  In once instance a burst of wind so big came through
that the trees which were full of water got hit from above I guess
because they all kind blew apart and the air was filled with a huge
cloud of water all the way down the road..  me and the son dove into
the house in fear it was a tornado, then it just went away real quick
to dead silence before coming back a minute later.

Anyway, it's over and I have lots of tree debree everywhere but
nothing else to complain about I guess.  I'm grabbing the rakes right now.