[Coco] STATUS - Re: Resurrecting a CoCo (26-3001) with a 26-3029FDC.

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 23:55:34 EDT 2008

On 9/12/08, Mike Pepe wrote:

> Also in the case of floppys that don't work right- assuming the drives
> are good and the cable is correct- a blown FIRQ line on the 6809 would
> cause issues.

---

I think you mean the HALT line Mike.  FIRQ isn't used in Tandy's controllers.

I've had two 6809's that have blown the HALT line. On one of them
asserting HALT would reset the CPU, on the other asserting HALT would
permenatly halt until reset. If the HALT line isn't functioning at all
then the CPU won't wait for the FDC to tell it that it's ready, which
would probably result in I/O errors.

Darren