[Coco] Ike and coco3.com webmaster

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Sep 12 18:49:15 EDT 2008

At 11:35 PM 9/11/2008, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor wrote:
>>>on an electric scooter) friend in a trailer/rv park there.
>>I live in North East Texas, actually.  The eye which will ofcourse
>>spread out by the time it gets this far up is still shown to come
>>through this area, so I'm not writing off the possibility of
>>seriously high winds that will have us without power for a
>>while.   South Texans are already up here, the Wal-Marts are jammed
>>in the isles, and you can't find any common emergency supplies on
>>the shelves.  However, I got lucky and grabbed the last 4 propane
>>tanks (the mini ones) and a lot of D batteries I found at 1 out of
>>about 8 Dollar General stores in this area.  Wal-Mart hasn't had D
>>batteries since Gustuv.  I've got all forms of light covered in
>>case the power goes out.  Tomorrow I'll fuel the car up to the brim
>>and cap it off daily in case for some odd reason I have to hit the
>>road and get outta here for a bit.
>>But then again, maybe we'll just experience some Dew ??!
>
>I live between Conroe and Hempstead. It looks like  the eye will
>pass over ,my house with winds about 65 mph.

Maybe even 75mph from the looks of the latrest weather.com
forecast.  Tomorrow night will probably be when the eye runs through
Kilgore Tx.  Loss of power is already assumed, so I've prepared to
play "camp out" at home if needed.  Plenty of ice is chested up,
lanterns, batteries, propane, candles, and canned food.  Some would
say people have gone overboard with the panic but those are usually
the ones who find themselves in a bad bind later.  It's better to be
safe than sorry.

I'll be out delivering Next Day Air packages (Saturday) just as the
eye is approaching our city area.  Hopefully the boss will reconsider
and let us go back home.  However, some people order prescription
drugs that they NEED right away, so that will probably have
priority.  Or if a human organ is rushed to a hospital, it goes
without saying that it will be delivered even in a
hurricane.  Personally, I don't think there will be a UPS plane in
our local sky tomorrow which means no arrival of those packages to
our center.  We'll see.  Each UPS truck gets approximately 100 lbs
combined for maybe 12 packages per driver, which is NOT enough to
help keep a hollow UPS truck on a wet road in high wind.  I'm a bit nervous.

Hopefully when I get home I can post a message claiming that your
favorite webmaster just "delivered packages in the eye of a cat 1
hurricane".  Actually, hopefully I can stay home!

Unbelievable.  Stay tuned.

Roger Taylor