[Coco] Broken CC3

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Sep 12 10:52:45 EDT 2008

On Friday 12 September 2008, George Ramsower wrote:
>> On Friday 12 September 2008, George Ramsower wrote:
>>>By the way..
>>>
>>> Since I had it down and open, I took photos.
>>> There was someone, months ago, that indicated an interest in how I
>>> repacked
>>>that coco.
>>> As I get a chance, I will updated the Coco CNC pages to reflect this.
>>>
>>> This site is still unchanged but for those that wish to see it....
>>>
>>>http://coco.thetinbox.com
>>
>> Looking good George, I like that, a dremel on a fixed gantry for y,z.
>>
>> What is the reach envelope in all 3 directions?
>>
>>>George
>
>Gene,
>
> The X and Y are six inches, the Z is 3.5. The table is 6X6.

I think mine is about 12-13" for x, 4.5-5" for y, and a tops of maybe 10" for
z, and basically unlimited degrees for the a axis, a small 4" rotary table I
intend to hob some gears and such with.  Or drill an index plate for the
lathe spindle as I intend to control it too at some point, for thread cutting
at any pitch, and contoured turnings.  For thread cutting, you have to know
where the spindle is of course.

> A few weeks ago, I disassembled the mounts for the dremel and machined them
>to be real clamps instead of what you saw on the website. Photos will be
>coming up soon. I'm working on that now.

Fix the machine to boot first, that's more important than purty pictures. :)