[Coco] Ike and coco3.com

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Sep 11 23:53:57 EDT 2008

At 11:18 PM 9/10/2008, you wrote:
>On Wednesday 10 September 2008, Roger Taylor wrote:
> >Hurricane Ike is now predicted to rise possibly to a cat 4 beast, and
> >the new predicted paths come right over coco3.com in East
> >Texas.  Hopefully by then it will be a tropical storm, but who knows
> >what the thing will do.  I think the fear won't *completely* kick in
> >until the eye hits the shore, which it IS going to do.  This area is
> >also part of tornado alley I'm told.
> >
> >I'm going to get my kids out of town sometime this weekend for
> >safety.  But I'll come back and ofcourse UPS will demand that even if
> >hellfire was falling from the sky WHILE the eye of the hurricane at
> >100mph was passing over our city, that I *still* be at work ontime
> >and ready to deliver Next Day Air packages no matter what.
> >
> >This is going to be very .... interesting, and scary.  Because we're
> >like a big family here in the CoCo world, I know some of you would
> >like to hear the daily buzz on this thing as it passes through.
> >
>Where are you from C.C.?  I have a handicapped (ms, middle stages,
>gets around
>on an electric scooter) friend in a trailer/rv park there.

I live in North East Texas, actually.  The eye which will ofcourse
spread out by the time it gets this far up is still shown to come
through this area, so I'm not writing off the possibility of
seriously high winds that will have us without power for a
while.   South Texans are already up here, the Wal-Marts are jammed
in the isles, and you can't find any common emergency supplies on the
shelves.  However, I got lucky and grabbed the last 4 propane tanks
(the mini ones) and a lot of D batteries I found at 1 out of about 8
Dollar General stores in this area.  Wal-Mart hasn't had D batteries
since Gustuv.  I've got all forms of light covered in case the power
goes out.  Tomorrow I'll fuel the car up to the brim and cap it off
daily in case for some odd reason I have to hit the road and get
outta here for a bit.

But then again, maybe we'll just experience some Dew ??!