[Coco] B09 listing in in editor

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:49:26 EDT 2008

> George Ramsower wrote:
>
>> Yeah, this is the catch. I hate to waste five pages of printer paper and
>> ink to list just the part I want to keep so I could save my old numbers
>> while I change them around. I suppose I'll have to do it the hard way,
>> write them down.
>> That's what I've been doing anyway.  Usually it's just one or two
>> variables, but it would be nice just print the lines I'm working on.
>> Writing the numbers down isn't that tough. I think I'm just getting lazy.
>>

>> George
>>
> From: "Robert Gault" Well, it is more involved but an emulator or Roger's
> RainbowIDE will solve your problem. Just move the program development to
> an emulator and it is easy to take a few lines and transfer them to an
> editor. With Roger's program, you already have a wysiwyg editor.

 An emulator won't operate my milling machine.  Moving the listing to an
emulator and back would be too time consuming. That coco doesn't have a
serial port, right now. I'm thinking of adding one so I can easily transfer
stuff to/from the other coco and this PC. The other coco has three ports, so
I can use it as a gateway to this pc.

 Still, writing down the info is the best way until I get a chance to look
on RTSI for that which Bob said:

there's a programme on RTSI in the \OS9\OS9_6X09\APPS directory, called
SDUMP_1_10.lzh which will do what you want. Instructions are in the archive.
I believe that the archive SCREEN.AR may well contain a similar programme.
It's in the \OS9\OS9_6809\UTILITIES directory.

 Gotta go to work now. Bummer.

George