[Coco] [Color Computer] pc to coco

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 20:41:21 EDT 2008

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Tim Fadden wrote:

> Great!  So,  how would one obtain one of these miraculous SVD devices? and
> please don't tell me it needs a multi-pak!

You need only a CoCo floppy adapter.  The SVD connects on the cable
exactly as a real floppy disk drive would and can co-exist with up to
three "real" drives.

Read about it here:

http://www.thesvd.com/SVD/

I'm not sure if the original designer is actually making them anymore.  I
bought mine from Les Bird, who had a bunch fabbed using the original specs
(freely available if you want to build your own).

You can reach Les at lesbird at bellsouth.net.  He may be planning another
production run.

Another possibility is the Cloud-9 "DriveWire", which permits a PC to
emulate a disk drive over a serial line from the CoCo.  Sounds reasonable,
as approaches of this sort are around for C64 and Atari 800s.  I have no
experience with the package, but they are well thought of by CoCo
enthusiasts.

Steve