[Coco] Amazing!

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Sep 1 16:17:09 EDT 2008

The continental snail-eaters all think anybody from the next Department (county, the way those in most of the US look at things, a parish down in Boisy's neighborhood) are hicks.  (Yeah, I've got some frog ancestry --or maybe German, depending on how things turn out in the next war, the Alsace-Lorraine changes hands every time),

But when I drop a brick on my foot, I cuss in the Kaybecker I learned from my grandmother who was a nurse in New Hampshire for half a century.  Nurses learn all the bad words and so do their grandkids.  I'll also use all the spanish I learned before that as a child in Los Angeles, the german I learned from my roommate at Georgia Tech and a lot of things I learned from my late father-in-law who was good at many languages even before he joined the OSS after the Navy dropped him due to the injuries he took crossing the beach at Iwo.  (Russian, Polish, Lithuanian, Italian -- a few other languages I'll recall if I drop a brick on my foot, but I won't do that voluntarily)

Day to day, I just cuss in American.  A superset of English, Mexican, Gaelic and everybody else who's improved the gene pool by showing up.  (And it needed some improvement -- my ancestors who arrived in Massachusetts in the 1620s had some serious intellectual deficiencies -- they were going to Virginia and navigating latitude had been a solved problem for a couple of thousand years -- Puritan ancestry is nothing to brag about if you've had anything else to improve the breed; them as brag about that ancestry tend to be the ones still too inbred to have anything else to brag about,)
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

"What I know [about the art of the sword] boils down to this:  If you see a guy running at you with a sword, put two rounds in his chest to slow him down, then one into his brain to finish him off".  Aaron Allston, _Sidhe Devil_

From: "mike delyea" <mdelyea at gmail.com>