[Coco] Amazing!

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Mon Sep 1 14:53:42 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 18:40 +0000, wdg3rd at comcast.net wrote:
> "Voire dire" .  That's frogspeek for "Jury tampering".  Can't find a damned thing in the US (or any supposedly subordinate state) Constitution to support that crime.  (The US Constitution doesn't make the States subordinate -- Abrafuckingham Lincoln did that in violation of the oath he took at his inauguration)

Not sure I can agree with you there.  Voir dire goes back a long way,
and is meant to ensure an unbiased jury.  Note that you aren't allowed
an unlimited number of juror challenges without cause, and both parties
subject jurors to questioning.

Also, be careful what you wish for when you talk about the 13th and 14th
amendments; yes, they extend the powers of the federal government, but
without them the Bill of Rights would not apply to your state laws.
Also keep in mind that the States must ratify amendments, so at least
some quorum of states supported these ideas.

Not the Southern states, of course, because they weren't _really_
represented.  But they lost the war.  That's how it works.

C.