[Coco] Hitachi 68B09EP for sale, custom DECB EPROMs

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:19:42 EDT 2008

Hi, someone asked if I would be interested in selling one of my spares.  At
the moment I'm kinda hanging on to them.  I probably don't need more than 1
or 2 spares but might acquire more CoCo units and re-fit them.  I may very
well sell them after all in the future.

However, there are some of these processors for sell on E-Bay right now.
See here >>
http://cgi.ebay.com/68B09-HD68B09EP-HD68B09-Microprocessing-Unit_W0QQitemZ14
0131459812QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I also have a bunch of spare 28-pin 2564 EPROMs.   I got these as a used off
E-Bay.  I burned 2 with custom DECB some FD-502 controllers so I also have
high-speed FDC stepping and full double-sided access to my floppies (0 & 1
top drive, 2 & 3 bottom drive).  Pre-programmed all the rest of the EPROM's
with this modified DECB as a way to test them and weed out any bad chips,
which I did find a couple.  If anyone is interested in a custom-programmed
DECB let me know.   I used to have to boot up, run a program for "all ram
mode", then POKE the changes enable these features.   Now, they are already
set in the EPROM when I power up.