[Coco] Tim Lindner or Boisy, os9.exe

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 28 07:58:57 EDT 2008

Boisy Pitre wrote:
> Roger,
>
> This sounds like a bug specific to the Windows port, which Robert Gault
> manages.  Robert can probably chime in here on what the issue may be.
>
> Regards,
> Boisy G. Pitre
> --
> Tee-Boy
> Email: boisy at tee-boy.com
> Web: http://www.tee-boy.com

Looking at the source code for os9copy.c, there could be a problem. For
example
static char *ExtractFilename( char *path )
{
     /* This works for both native file paths and os9 file paths */

     char *a, *b;

     a = strchr(path, ',');

     if (a == NULL)
     {
         /* Native file */
         a = strrchr(path, '/');

         if (a == NULL)
             return path;

         return a + 1;
     }

     b = strrchr(a, '/');

     if (b == NULL)
         return a + 1;

     return b + 1;
}

All the code dealing with path uses / but Windows uses \. Unless there
is a conversion somewhere, I'd expect a problem.

I've another issue resulting from the loss of two hard drives earlier
this year. I can't as yet verify a good compilation of the source code.
Msys/mingw32 is not fully working and I have lost needed support
programs for Borland (dial-up complicates this issue.)