[Coco] Video at the CoCoFest!

paulh96636 at aol.com paulh96636 at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 00:11:09 EDT 2008

I guess that person would be me.  As I had lived in Hawaii during part of the '60s, a recent nostalgia online trip brought
to my attention that a resident of Kona, Hi had an online webcam of his view of the ocean from his house.  He also
mentioned setting up a mobile cam to record part of the 2008 Ironman event.  Apparently to go mobile, he uses a
laptop with a pc card broadband device in the pcmcia slot. I'm guessing that he is able to pay the $70/month charge
for its use by taking out only a month's service  for special events like ironman.  He can use a tripod setup for the
larger camera, but also can switch to a 'hat cam'.  Joe Trent is the name, and his porch cam is interactive, in that
the viewer can shift the camera's position and magnification when it's operational.

He is also the webmaster at www.konafriends.com, so I'd suggest contacting him for more details to see if GCC
might be interested in a similar thing to do.   I don't know if anyone on the list read my original post and took a look
at the ironman event.    Ironman was little mentioned in the media, but was televised professionally, to be shown
sometime in December.  The top 5 finishers were mentioned, none from the U.S.A.      -ph