[Coco] LCD monitors with VGA converter box.

Jim Cox nutz4coco at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 17:30:12 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

I use the VGA converter that Roy Justice makes.  I have pictures up on my
site at: http://miba51.com/CoCo_VGA_Adpater.html

It works great with CRTs, but as Roy stated in a previous email, I do have
an older model and that may be the reason why mine is a bit touchy with LCDs
(Viewsonic VA 721 to be exact)

For now I can get by with the NEC MultiSync, but eventually I would like to
move up to a LCD because of space limitations.

I have a swing arm CRT stand that I was planning to use for the monitor, but
it's sort of iffy and the monitor is heavy, so I placed the disk drives,
speakers, and converter box on the stand to get them out of the way and make
room on the desk for the monitor.  Not the most conventional use of a CRT
stand, but it did solve a desk realestate issue :-)

-Jim Cox
http://miba51.blogspot.com/
http://cloudymidnights.blogspot.com/