[Coco] LCD monitors with VGA converter box.

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sat Oct 25 13:50:37 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/25/2008 12:58:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nutz4coco at gmail.com writes:

>I would like to ask a CoCo related question and I am hopeing this  message
>does get lost in all the flaming and bashing going on  :-(

>I finally have my CoCo set up where I can actually use it and I  have both a
>NED MultiSync XV15 CRT monitor and a 15 inch LCD monitor  available to use
>for the system.  In the past when I tried to use  the LCD monitor with the
>VGA converter box, the LCD monitor always had  trouble syncing up after a
>reset.

>The CRT monitor works find,  but is a major space hog.  Has anyone else tried
>an LCD monitor and  experienced issues with syncing up to the VGA converter?
>If so, did you  find a work-around?

Jim,

    Some LCD monitors are more "picky" than others.   Also you have
an early version of the converter.   If you want to try to  fix this we can
exchange
your converter for a newer one that has more stable operation and see
if that helps with your situation.

Roy