[Coco] Chuck Never give up on a Coco ..My view.

Ron Bihler rbihler at msn.com
Sat Oct 25 00:32:37 EDT 2008

My 2 cents worth, If not interested (Press Delete now)

At times the conversations drift far from topic, and can be heated to say
the least.  However one can always press the delete button and maintaining
activity on the list is still more important than controls.

It's been great that I have had been able to get help on the list.  A great
percentage of good help has come from Chuck.  Doing some light beta testing
for him, we have had some great brain storming sessions.  Not to meantion he
has helped my interest in getting back into the Coco and the community after
a very long departure.  Heck I am motivated enought to be working on a PS2
Keyboard to Coco adapter, also a new case for the Coco that will hold the
HD's, Floppies, CC3, MPI and PS as I don't want to stuff it into a PC case
as I did many years ago. Much of this is directly thanks to Chucks interest
in the Coco, and seeing someone put a bunch of time into the machine for the
heck of it as I don't see any venture for the Coco as a big money maker.  I
for one will say Chuck's IDE card is very simple and effective, glad to have
a HD on the system.  His other projects are just icing on the cake.

As George has pointed out, there is really a large potental number of
hardware application for the Coco, with some hardware help it can simple and
effective.  Not a hi powered big PC to run your lights :)

I do wish I can find a copy of RiBBS source one day as I would really like
to run RiBBS via the network Card, Chuck is working on - I still hope so
anyway.

Anyway back to my point, this is a very talented group of people on the list
with vastly different idea's.  However the common theme is we are on the
list for a reason and a common goal (Coco).  Try to find support for an Old
Ohio Scientific Machine (Another project of mine) and in short order the
Coco list is vastly better even with the faults and differences of idea's.

Stepping off the soap box now.

Ron