[Coco] This tickles me....

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Fri Oct 24 20:53:29 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 21:54 -0500, George Ramsower wrote:

>  I'm fairly sure this stuff wouldn't happen as often if we could keep the
> subjects in line with the directive of this list group.

Actually, when I do bring up things that are on-topic - usually me
asking detailed questions about NitrOS-9 - they're more often than not
ignored.  I don't know if it's because no one knows the answers, or if
those in the know don't care to respond.  I'm still waiting for any
insight as to why V.PAGE isn't used in the Coco version of OS-9, and if
anyone thinks it's unwise to appropriate it for Multi-Pak slot
information.  Funny how Boisy, King of NitrOS-9 Hill, only seems to pipe
up to turn on that Cajun charm and call for my ejection from the list
(Jesus would have done the same, I'm sure), or defend one of his
wares.

I was just beginning to inventory my Coco crap to either off-load on
e-bay or chuck (I'm proud that my nickname is a common slang term, I
think only guys named Richard really have me beat on that one).  I've
got tons of Coco crap in my lab and in my tiny midtown apartment - just
seems that the Coco has become a gigantic waste of space and time, and
the remnants of the Coco community just aren't all that dynamic any
more.  There remains much interesting work that can be done with our
8-bit buddy, especially on the NitrOS-9 side in terms of consolidation,
clean-up, and even "Coco 4" type development, just for pure hack value.
But sadly there is only a very small audience for such things.  The
greatest base seems to be people playing games in emulators, which is
unfortunate.

Anyway, Hail Satan, kill the babies, get your gay on, etc. etc.
C.