[Coco] Stuck in Paladin's Legacy Again

Fred D. Provoncha fredprov5 at usfamily.net
Mon Oct 20 23:02:33 EDT 2008

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:52:42 -0500
> From: "Allan Chaney" <chaneya at acwoodworksinc.com>
> Subject: Re: [Coco] Stuck in Paladin's Legacy Again
> To: "'CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts'" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>
> Fred,
>
> No problem.  Yes the mines are tough without the Elven Torch because it gets
> darker the deeper you go.  (It's a nice touch of programming if I do say so
> myself.)  :)
>
> Anyway, the Elven torch can be found by entering the mines on the other side
> of the mountains.  The Torch is in the second level after the very simple
> mazelike first level.  The Torch is in the first room you encounter on that
> second level in a black box guarded by two orcs.  There are some other
> chests as well.  To go deeper into the mines from this level you'll need to
> keep your eyes peeled for a secret passage.  Just look at the moss texture
> on the walls and if the moss looks different, just try walking through the
> wall.  One game quirk you will want to be very aware of is that there is
> only one save game.  And the mine levels refresh  with creatures and chests
> every time you enter them.  So if you are running around deep in the mines
> and very low on health and you save game.  That's it. That's where you are
> saved.  Given your health status, you may not be able to make it out of the
> mines because every mine lvl you enter in order to get out refreshes with
> creatures.  Just make sure you have some health potions (purchased at the
> cathedral) or better yet.  Save your game just before you enter the mines
> and then don't save again until you get out.  You don't want to get stuck
> down there and not be able to get out.
> It will also help once you find the Sorcerer's Eye.  This lets you see a
> bloweup map of all levels and maps.

Thanks for the help Allan. I had tried a while back to go down into that other mine on the other side of the mountains and I got my butt kicked down there by some nasty creatures. But it's been a while and I've bulked up my experience & HP since then so I ought to try again.

I'll look out for that secret passage. I'm glad you mentioned it, I never would have thought to look for one and I doubt I would have noticed it.

I did notice there was only one save game. I have been making a habit all along of saving the game BEFORE going down into the mines. I always assumed I couldn't save the game while down there, I didn't know you could.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Sorcerer's Eye (sorry, couldn't resist the pun). I haven't found it yet.

Thanks again for the help,

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---