[Coco] Linux RBF filesystem support

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Oct 20 10:22:35 EDT 2008

On Monday 20 October 2008, Chuck Youse wrote:
>On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 09:27 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >In general, I agree completely.  However, the RBF module seems to be
>> >actively maintained and was recently updated for 2.6.24+ kernels.
>> >
>> >Steve
>>
>> That is in fact pretty old, Steve.  I'm running 2.6.27.2, at least 2 years
>> newer.  I build my own so I can play the canary part.
>
>Hmm? 2.6.24 was released in Jan 2008 methinks.

My mistake, Feb 8, 2008 TBE, according to the date of the
linux-2.6.24.1.tar.gz file (2.6.24 was badly broken & pulled) on
ftp.kernel.org right now.

My, how time fly's when one is busy.  And I have been.  I spent the summer
building an attached garage with little help, see

<http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene> to see what has been occupying my time. :)

OTOH, I just applied it to a 2.6.27.2 tree, but the compiler had a litter of
kittens & failed rather verbosely.  And I know very little of the syntax
restrictions it has now.  Lots of them were pointer miss-matches.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)