[Coco] AR source code

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 09:28:32 EDT 2008

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, tonym wrote:

> There's some stuff here:
>
> http://www.math.purdue.edu/~wilker/misc/DEVEL/0055/
>
> something named ARMSDOS.C, source for opening AR files under DOS.
>
> Check the other folders, 0001 - 0081, especially if you're into CP/M.

I grabbed those yesterday and hope to make this build under Linux.
Unfortunately, there are many hard-wired assumptions regarding storage
size so it's going to be a bit tedious.

There is a pair of precompiled 'ar' binaries for Linux, but since they are
built for an ancient version of libc only the statically linked one is
useful.