[Coco] AR archive program source

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 17 20:00:33 EDT 2008

tim lindner wrote:
> In Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Bill Barnes <da3m0n_slay3r at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Looking for the source code for the OS-9 AR archive program (Carl Krieder was the author I believe)... Was the source code ever released? (Want to port it to DOS/Windows)
>
> There is an ar2 command in the toolshed package. It was written by
> Carl Krieder. I'm not sure but I think it is compatiable with ar.
>
> There is a Window/MSDOS binary already on the download page. But if
> you can help produce binaries for the currrent versions of the other
> tools we are more than glad to accept your help.
>
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/toolshed/>
>
> Rober Gault and I have been emailing back and forth trying to solve
> building issues. But it is slow going. I'm a Mac/Unix guy and he has
> been feeding me errors as they come up. He has been using the MINGW
> tool set.

I second Tim in saying anyone interested in working on the NitrOS-9 or
Toolshed programs would be welcomed.

You can find the source code for ar v1.3 and possibly earlier versions
on RTSI at ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/ARCHIVERS
I have source code for earlier versions if you don't see it above. Far
as I know, all the ar.ar files included source code.

There already is at least one version of AR for Microsoft DOS. If you do
a Google search for GNU AR, you will lots of hits.