[Coco] Wcreate in OS-9 L2

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 17 12:44:50 EDT 2008

George Ramsower wrote:
> When I run wcreate it accesses the disk for something that sometimes
> returns a CRC error.
>
> What is wcreate doing with the disk. I figured it might be using grvdrv,
> so I make a new copy of that in the cmds dir.
>
> Actually, I think it's the disk drive as this only occurs when the
> machine is cold. I'll have to try another drive to find ouy, but I was
> curious as to what wcreate is doing with the disk drive while creating
> the windows.
>
> George

You should post the exact command sequence you are using.

In general, wcreate does not access a disk for anything. However,
wcreate is not normally in memory so if you issue a wcreate command,
wcreate must be loaded from a disk.
Try loading wcreate before issuing any wcreate commands and see if you
still get disk activity.