[Coco] New law to limit copyright infringement penalties

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 07:35:45 EDT 2008

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Paul E. Jones wrote:

> I just found this today:
>
> http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:s.2913:
>
> This has apparently passed the Senate and is headed to the House.  Rainbow
> might fall into a category that is subject to this law.

The sponsor of that bill, Pat Leahy, is our (Vermont) senior senator and,
for the most part, one of the more clued-in members of that esteemed group
with regard to digital rights issues.  Out of deference to a self-imposed
moratorium on political discussion I will not mention his party
affiliation :-).

Steve