[Coco] cocomag: UnderColor completion

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Sun Oct 12 20:33:21 EDT 2008

Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>   I spent a large amount of time formatting listings prior to
> proofreading. This was absolutely necessary with assembly source code.
>   It would help immensely if tabs could be set and used rather than
> having to enter spaces.
>
> While the hand formatting seemed to stick for a second and third pass of
> proofreading, none of it is now present when looking at the accomplished
> tasks. Has it all been lost?

It has not been lost. But, by default, web browsers will render all
horizontal spacing into a single space. I just made a change to the
show_magazine script that uses the <pre></pre> tags to keep horiztonal
spacing visible, so you'll beable to see your spacing now.

> There was some trouble with the OCR rendering of ' and ". Neither the
> Coco nor my browser used for proofreading can make use of opening and
> closing '" as for example Microsoft Word does. The OCR program mixed up
> opening, closing, and straight forms of the above. Since the end result
> probably will be cut and pasted into a Coco, I converted all opening,
> closing forms into straight. It would be nice not to need to do that.

Good suggestion. I can eisaly change all quote variants into the dumb
kind during the ocr of listings.

I also have a list of OCR errors that kept appearing. Here is my current
list:

I-l=H
lt's =It's
rep/ies =replies
lt =It
ln =In
l've =I've
you'lI =you'll
ls = Is
lf = If
l'll = I'll
FIS =RS
FtS—=RS-
Multi·Pak=Multi-Pak
l-I=H
l-l=H
|-|=H
paraIlel = parallel
l'm =I'm
lf =If
Ietter=letter

I plan to automate the substitution of these pairs.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                              Bright