[Coco] Howto for installing nitros9?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 07:41:54 EDT 2008

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Tony wrote:

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Youse"
>> <cyouse at serialtechnologies.com>

At this point, I'd settle for simply being able to boot it!  I downloaded
a SSDD (180kB) 40-track image, copied it to a "real" floppy from my SVD
(disk simulator attached to floppy controller) and tried to boot it.  It
displays the startup screen, grinds away a bit and halts with the drive
access LED on and the disk spinning.  Never gets any further.

I think I handled the obvious stuff properly:  Before trying the transfer,
I copied 'dmode' to my Tandy OS-9 system disk and configured both the SVD
and target disk drive for 40-tracks.  The backup worked perfectly and
verified the correct number of sectors and the resulting disk reads
perfectly.  The drive mechanisms I'm using are generic 5-1/4" DSDD units
that are certainly capable of 40-track operation.

I suspect there's some advance configuration required that I "should just
know to do..." (tm) :-).  But it certainly won't run out of the box.

Steve