[Coco] Burke & Burke controller problems

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 20:54:51 EDT 2008

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008, Steven Hirsch wrote:

> I'm pulling what little hair I have left out of my head...  I'm trying to
> setup a Seagate ST225 hard drive for use with this controller (the exact disk
> model it's intended to be used with).
>
> Everything goes well until physical verify.  It counts up to 0EF and just
> stops.  The drive access light goes out and the computer is not responsive.
> 100% repeatable.

Problem solved!  Thanks to Chester Patterson's kind help, this hangup was
solved by doing

OS9: tmode -pause

before running format.  It was stopping at the end of the screen (thus the
neat boundary for where the numbering ended).

Only the Howard Medical documentation (written by Chester) bothered to
mention this.  Not a word about it in the Burke and Burke manual.  They
must have been plagued with support calls from folks like me.  I guess I
"should have known" to turn off scroll pause.

Steve