[Coco] [Color Computer] pagetable.com > Blog Archive > Bill Gates' Personal Easter Eggs in 8 Bit

Shain Klammer sklammer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 11:26:49 EDT 2008

Both the apostrophe and question mark proceed any micro... I'm fairly sure
that EDUSystem 25 BASIC and OS/8 BASIC (on the PDP family of minis, circa
late 60's to early 70's) had them.

The Dartmouth College manual from Oct 64 (developed for a GE225) doesn't
list any 'shortcuts'; but, is interesting that they slashed upper case ohs
and not zeros... http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dartmouth/basic_oct64.pdf

I'd hoped to find some site showing the early evolution of BASIC commands
(like the shortcuts mentioned); but, haven't found any... it'd be
interesting.

sk