[Coco] HDISK

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Wed Oct 1 16:59:22 EDT 2008

How about trades?  Like say a GMX 3-Port Intelligent Serial Card for an
HDISK controller with ROM.  =:vD  Or something along those lines.

Something I am toying with is maybe you making (me haking) a version of your
SSP with one RS-232 DB9 or DB25 and replacing one set of the RS-232 line
drivers and the other DB connector with a USB to UART chip and USB B Type
connector, so that people with no serial ports can use the adapter to
connect to a modern computer.

For instance the USB to UART chips located at
https://www.silabs.com/products/interface/usbtouart/Pages/default.aspx ( I
just got a free sample of the CP2102 and the CP2103 chips via Fedex this
week).  The CP2102 chip cost is just $3.66 for 1+, $3.15 for 25+, $2.78 for
50+ and $2.57 for 100+.  But I warn you it is a small QFN 5mm x 5mm ship
with a .5mm pitch for the pins.  Just a thought!

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Chuck Youse
<cyouse at serialtechnologies.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 19:37 -0400, Chuck Youse wrote:
>
> > The HDISK is the one that's ready to go now, and it can be yours (with a
> > boot ROM, meaning you can boot OS-9 right off the hard disk) for the
> > amazing price of $69 + shipping/handling!  What a steal!  It's $59
> > without the ROM (2764-compatible, feel free to supply your own, the ROM
> > code will be free for your use).  I can even supply the IDE drives and
> > cables, external enclosures, with NitrOS-9 installed and bootable, for
> > an additional fee.
> >
> > Crazy Eddie's... it's iiiinnnsaaaaannne.
> >
> > Drop me a line off-list if you're serious about getting one.
> >
> > C.
>
> Sorry guys, I forgot to include the <shameless plug> meta-tags.
>
> C.

Regards,

Ryan Pritchard
Fun Extends All Basic Life Expectancies