[Coco] Sardis Technologies "no halt" DMC floppy disk controller

Bill Barnes da3m0n_slay3r at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 13:02:08 EDT 2008

First: CAN WE PLEASE KILL THE FLAMES on disabilities??? It only alienates and splits the group.  [I'm biting my toungue on this as I type, just to follow my own advice.] You don't like things as they are??? VOTE for those who believe the way you do and try to make a change!!!

Second, AND WHAT more PEOPLE WILL BE INTERESTED IN:

Does anyone know the status of SDISK as far as D.P. Johnson is concerned?

[forwarded mesage follows]

"Re: "no halt" DMC floppy disk controller
Sunday, October 26, 2008 4:01 PM
From: "David C. Wiens"
To: da3m0n_slay3r at yahoo.com

Hi Bill,

One possible obstacle to releasing the DMC controller design into the public domain is that the drivers contain code I licensed from D.P. Johnson (SDISK).  I would need to find him and get his permission before the driver could be released.

I also have some of the two-piece metal cases (black painted aluminum) used for the DMC controller, probably at least 30 or 40, maybe more.

Regards,

Dave Wiens
Sardis Technologies"